Saturday, September 26, 2015

What is a Family?

The subjects of marriage and family have been in the news quite a bit lately. I feel like the topic often gets heated and people everywhere are being forced to pick side. What does it mean to be a family and what makes a family successful? Many people have strong opinions on the matter, so I guess I will weigh in as well. I believe this quote from https://www.lds.org/topics/family-proclamation?lang=eng sums up my beliefs about marriage and family pretty well, “marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children.” I believe that one of the main reason we are here on earth is to have a family.

If you haven’t already guessed I am a Christian who firmly believes in God. I think that God got it right when He created both man and woman. I think that it takes one of each to create the optimal family situation. I know life can bring other things your way and no family is perfect, but I think a family that has both a mother and a father actively participating in the family is most likely to be successful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment